I wanted to update the design for this site for years but whenever I started, other projects came in the way. I have at least 10 unfinished designs which will never go live. That’s why I am starting an open redesign now.
Planned improvements (in random order) #
- Improve Accessibility – Fixed labels for forms, Made svg logo accessible by adding a title attribute, changed heading structure, fixed bad contrast for code element – marking this as done is probably wrong as I am sure here and there is eg. an alt description not perfect but all the main things are fixed.
- Add last updated at for technical articles
- Service Worker integration – 13.11.2015 – Basic implementation is live: Code and article
- Push notification integration with WordPress – 18.11.2015 – Initially I thought it might be a great idea to offer notifications every time I post a new article but that’s what RSS is for. You should only show notifications if it’s important and urgent which is not the case for a new post.
- Responsive Images – On by default in all newer posts
- Add to homescreen – 13.11.2015 – Code
- Use em instead of px – 01.01.2016 – Commit
- Add logo animation – 19.11.2015 – Commit
- Add code highlighter as an enhancement – added prismjs (commit)